The Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics presents a series of four public forums examining the NCAA Division I model and the need for reform.
Session 4 – Recommendations for Change
- Session Date: Thursday, Dec. 3, 1-2 p.m. ET.
- Registration: Space is limited, so register now.
- Media Advisory
Session 3 – What D-I Leaders Think: New Survey Findings about Reform
- Session Date: Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020
- Press Release: Groundbreaking Knight Commission Survey Finds Division I Leaders Overwhelmingly Support Major Reform
- Report Materials:
- Session Slide Deck Highlights
- Session Video Recording:
Virtual meeting, What D-I Leaders Think: New Survey Findings about Reform, featuring Knight Commission members Nancy L. Zimpher, Chancellor Emeritus, State University of New York; Shanteona Keys, manager of education, Women’s Basketball Coaches Association and former women’s basketball player, Georgia College; and Kendall Spencer, Georgetown University law graduate, former NCAA Board Member and former men’s track & field athlete, University of New Mexico. This is the third forum of the Knight Commission’s fall examination, Transforming the NCAA D-I Model: A 4-Part Series.
Session 2 – A New Analysis of the D-I Revenue Distribution Formula Inequities
- Session Date: Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2020
- Press Release: Knight Commission to Seek Changes to How NCAA Distributes March Madness Revenue
- Study: An Assessment of Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) Football Factors on National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA”), Division I 2018 Revenue Distribution
- Letter to Dr. Mark Emmert, President, NCAA, sent on Oct. 26, 2020
- Session Slide Deck
- Session Video Recording:
Virtual meeting, A New Analysis of the D-I Revenue Distribution Formula Inequities, featuring Arne Duncan, Knight Commission Co-Chair and former U.S. Secretary of Education, and members Len Elmore, former NBA and NCAA basketball standout, and Penelope Kyle, president emeritus, Radford University. This is the second forum of the Knight Commission’s fall examination, Transforming the NCAA D-I Model: A 4-Part Series.
Session 1 – Follow the Money: Breaking Down D-I Finances
Virtual meeting, Follow the Money: Breaking Down D-I Finances, featuring Knight Commission co-chair Carol Cartwright, President Emeritus, Kent State University and Bowling Green State University; and Commission member Jonathan Mariner, former executive vice president and CFO of Major League Baseball. Other presenters include: Amy P. Perko, CEO, Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics; Scott Hirko, project manager, College Athletics Financial Information (CAFI) Database; and AJ Maestas, Founder and CEO, Navigate.